Why spoil a good cycle ride by getting lost?
There is a lot of work undertaken by Cycle Guides (UK) before we even offer a ride to customers.
For example, our primary consideration is safety, for you the client, ourselves, the public and our environment.
All of Cycle Guides (UK)'s rides are pre-ridden by the guide within 7 days of the planned ride date. Each route is mapped out using mapping software so that our office knows which route you are on in the event of an emergency.
Client emergency contact details are passed to the office before the ride starts, together with planned finish times and what we call, the call to action time in the event of the group going missing. It’s best practice, whether in the Alps or the Purbecks, it’s what needs to happen to ensure safety.
When making your booking we ask questions not only relating to your health but also about your riding experience and what you want from the ride.
This helps us select the most appropriate route to meet your expectations and ensure your enjoyment.
All Cycle Guides are:
- Nationally qualified Mountain Bike Guides
- First Aid qualified
- CRB checked (Criminal Records Bureau)
- Have local knowledge of the area and habitat
- Observe local bylaws
- Carry parts and tools to help in the event of a breakdown
- Carry a full first aid kit
All Routes are:
- Graded - Mapped out for time, distance, difficulty.
- Risk assessed
- Take in local beauty spots and points of interest
- Matched to rider ability
- Checked and approved